The Girl Next Door Grows Up Blog started this Feel Good Friday thing. Here’s how to do it –
Pick one of these prompts and write about it on your blog! You can:
- Just make a list. List 5 things that made you really happy this week. No matter how bad or boring you think your week was, I bet you can find 5 things.
- Write about something that happened to you this week that really made you smile. Was it your child, husband, or maybe a complete stranger did to you?
- Write about something that YOU did for someone else that really made them happy or laugh.
- Is there something you treasure so much that every single time you look at it, it brings you happiness? Post a pic and tell everyone about it.
- Having a hard week and can’t find one good thing about it? Well then, what is your happy place? What do you think of that makes you happy? A past vacation? A childhood memory? We want to know!
Go back to Girl Next Door’s Blog and link up with Mister Linky’s Magical Widgets. Then go and read at least one other blog and leave them a comment to make their day brighter.
Have fun. Feel good. Smile.
For my birthday last month, my daughter gave me this book. It’s a humorous mystery by Thea Phipps called Charades With A Lunatic.
It made me lol. Do not bring this book with you to read in a quiet place. I brought it to my doctor’s office and I kept laughing out loud. There is nothing wrong with that, but people started looking at me funny.
Once again I had pages of notes and I was determined to guess the mystery. I didn’t, even though the author, Thea Phipps plays fair with her readers. I think I fell for every red herring.
The author’s humor is at it’s best for me when she is describing people’s actions in a scene and the visual is a crack up.
I also appreciate her descriptions. On page 148 she writes”…as out of place…as a frosted bonbon in a cat’s litter box.” and ” …false eyelashes ringed her eyes like squatting tarantulas.”
© 2010 J.B. Vadeboncoeur