Five things that I feel happy about this week are:
1. 50% of my husband’s co-workers were laid off last Friday and he wasn’t. Hurray! I like the lifestyle he spoils me with.
2. I won two books from Dollycas‘s Thoughts. She does a lot of book reviews and has a lot of giveaways. She also is interesting, kind, thoughtful and one of my favorite bloggers. She has so many giveaways, I knew I was going to win sometime. Yay!
3. My grandaughter’s room is zebra and pink. When I found some zebra yarn I had to make her a blanket. Did you know there are lots of how to’s about fixing dropped stitches and they all talk about stitches you drop and find while you are knitting. I found my dropped stitches after I nearly finished a full size blanket. One thing I love about knitting is the uniform look of the stitches. Mine were out of uniform. After I repaired them, they were glaring mistakes to me.
Since I’m more of a salvage things rather than take them apart and redo them kind of person, I decided to crochet chains the length of the blanket where the mistakes were.
A new design. Once I crochet a border, it will be done. Yay!
4. I ‘took offense’ from an acquaintance of mine. Clearly she was in error, until I looked closely. When I am in a good place, nothing bothers me. I realize I needed to fill me up. Now I’m grateful that it came up as a reminder to me.
5. Two of my favorite blog writers shared about feeling inadequate. They are people who write very well and give me a challenge not to compare myself with them. I would lose in all the areas they are so excellent at. It would never occur to me that they could feel that way. Another ‘lightbulb moment’ reminder to me. I am excellent at being me. Am I using the word excellent too much, that’s what we people who used to be hung up on perfection use instead of perfectionist terms. Muhaha.
Did you have an excellent week?
© 2010 Jeanne Litt, All rights reserved.