Verbosity blog nominated me for this award. It means I get to write ten honest factoids about myself.
Me, who removed a half dozen posts that I decided were too personal. Well here goes. For your entertainment:
1. When I was 40 and divorced and wanted to be married, I asked my dead grandmother, (she had a husband who adored her) to help me find a husband. I did it in a student counseling trio and when the trio ended and we went on a break, a man came up to me and asked to do the next trio with me. We’ve been married 17 years and it’s very good.
2. When driving from NY to Florida with children, I brought lots of healthy snacks and juice. I didn’t realize that meant we would need to take potty breaks so often. Finally I had my toddler daughter pee in a paper cup and I tossed it out the window as we drove along.
My sons started saying it’s hitting the car behind us. I said, “It can’t be, what are the odds of that?” And I heard, “Mom he put on his windshield wipers.”
3. I’m the oldest of ten children. I had two older brothers who passed away. So now I’m the oldest, but I wanted to be the smartest and prettiest, not the oldest.
4. I’ve spent the last 3 1/2 years submitting my novel to publishers without success. I realize the experience I’m looking for is having my writing be of help to or mean something to someone. Blogging is doing that for me.
5. I converse with devas in my garden. I ask if plants need more water or fertilizer and what kind. Yes, I get answers back too.
6. In a psychosynthesis process an inner aspect of mine came forward and said she was in charge of my career and that her name was purple plume. She was a purple plume pen. I have just such a pen on my desk.
7. Once in NYC, I felt extreme compassion for a homeless woman. Her legs were swollen and oozing. I offered her some money and she started screaming like I was trying to kill her. It was embarrassing to me, but I realized better to leave something at the edge of the trash can. That’s where she went to get everything and then she got to feel like she earned it herself.
8. Another time in psychology class, I nurtured my inner child and she was a twinkly eyed girl who likes to tap dance. A dancer in the class gave me a pair of tap shoes. The classes were weekend format and I got home about 2 AM Monday morning. All the way driving home, I was thinking about tap dancing. So when I got in I went in the garage and put the shoes on and was dancing away when all of sudden the door slammed open and my boyfriend was standing there with a shotgun aimed at me. He was asleep and heard a funny tapping sound. He was in construction and had trouble with people stealing supplies and he thought that was what was going on.
9. I get to live my ideal day every day. I live in Hawaii and don’t work. I write a few hours, exercise a few hours, garden a bit and most nights watch a movie with my husband. How blessed is that?
10. When I was divorced and struggling to suddenly support four of us, I reminded myself that my father supported 12 of us. If he could do 12, I could do 4. XD
OMG, I am so exposed. This is fun to get your kind comments. Exposing myself makes me more real. hmm.
I forgot, now I get to nominate 9 others. They are:
The mind Of Ifer
La Vida Dulce
<p> © 2010 J.B. Vadeboncoeur </p>